Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Letter - Received Tuesday, August 30

BRANCH 40
Branch President – President Mortensen
1st Counselor – Brother Evans
2nd Counselor – Brother Russon

My Companions Name is Elder Miller
He is from South Jordan, Utah

Family!

This place is awesome. I already feel right at home. The spirit is powerful and I am in good hands. The goodbye at the curb was actually quite painless and I even ran into Elder Fairchild within the first 5 minutes. There are 12 in my district and everyone is really sincere in being here and are all really chill, cool people. 3 are going to Justin’s mission, 1 is going to New York City, 2 sisters to Minnesota, 2 sisters are going to Peru with me and my comp, and 2 are going to Ogden. 386 missionaries came to the MTC on Wednesday and a LOT are going to Peru. I know I have a lot more to learn but I actually feel very prepared as far as the gospel. When you think about it though, it really is quite simple. Heavenly Father loves us, so He sent his Son to atone for us and show us the way, through love for the Savior we can live righteously and live as families forever. Boom.
On Friday we have to teach an investigator in Spanish. Yep. Already. It will be a great experience though. I’m already loving the work. I love you all. My p-day is not until Wednesday, but I should have pictures to send by then. Talk to you more then. Love, Elder Farmer
P.S. I laugh at how EVERYONE we meet dishes out so much wisdom and advice. Even those who got here last week…C-mon guys, we are all noobs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment