Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 16 and January 23, 2012

January 16, 2012 We finished the last change strong and baptized someone for the third week in a row. The Lord blessed us with the baptism of Luis´ sister Kiara who is 14 years old The whole family actually attended church and I’m sure in the next change their brother Lindenber with be baptized too. I love that family. In other news, Elder Iribar and the beat-boxing elder, Elder Delgado, are shipping out tomorrow. We don’t know where yet though. We find out those details tomorrow. Tomorrow is the moment of truth. I’ll either get my new companion there at the meeting, or find out that I will be training and get my new companion Wednesday when the new people arrive. It’ll be a good experience nonetheless and we have lots of potential for this next change in our area. Summer is in full and as I write this I am literally dripping sweat off my face. We’re in a poorly ventilated internet cafe, complete with the typical tin roof. Aka, its an oven. Haha. Weird to think you´re all dealing with snow right now…

January 23, 2012 The word on the change is I am in Lopez Albujar for at least 6 more weeks. My new companion is Elder Salmon from Tagna, Peru. That’s the southern most city in Peru I think, so he came practically point to point. He has just over 6 months in the mission and arrived in the same group as Elder Iribar. So far we’re good. Now that I’m the only one that knows the investigators and the area I’ve been leading a lot this week and I feel quite comfortable. We started a little slow in this change but we’re going to find a lot of new people this week. A big problem is that the majority of people here are not married. They get pregnant at a young age and then just never have the money or time or desire to officially get married. Instead, they call it a ¨compromise¨. We’ve got four people we’re teaching that are not married but are really good people. It’s a big difficulty but we can’t just deny them the gospel and the opportunity to grow. Tomorrow I hit the 5 month mark. Aka, the mark that I’ve been looking forward to since before the mission when Justin said at 5 months he had a pretty good grasp on the language. I need to stay focused on the blessings you have in the moment instead of always worrying about the future. The mission is good, fam. Love you all, Elder Farmer


No comments:

Post a Comment