Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 15 and July 22 2013

July 15th - The last transfer...    I received a phone call from the president last night, and then the assistants told us who were getting transferred.  I was one of them, but then they told me not to travel to Piura. I had to have my bags ready, but I won’t be leaving Tumbes.  In a few hours they`re going to call me again and let me know where to go tomorrow, and who my new companion/area is going to be. That makes goodbyes a lot easier knowing that I can come back the last weekend of my mission to see them one last time.
On Wednesday I signed my Peruvian visa release declaring that I’m leaving the country on August 27th. That was a trunky moment.  On Friday we had a ward mission night with Karaoke.  Me and my comp sang a popular song here and everyone had a laugh. We then said our goodbyes to Sister Cruz who was ending her mission.  She`s from El Salvador and has been in the same zone as me for 9 transfers in the mission.
Today for p-day the two of us went up to the border. It is a pretty popular place here because Peru and Ecuador have a peace agreement.  I really just wanted to go for the picture of Ecuador (don’t worry we didn’t go across).
July 22

\
I got transferred to the other zone here in Tumbes (Zone Tumbes instead of Zone Puyango).  My area is called Buenos Aires and is going to be a great place to end my mission with lots of work to do.  My companion is named Elder Caño from Guatemala.  He´s got just 7 months out on the mission. He is a great missionary though and he and his last companion had a lot of success.
They just happened to find a handful of people that want to get baptized so when I got here they already had 3 investigators with a baptismal date.  There are four elders in the ward and we all live together. It´s actually one of the only rooms in the mission that allows four elders to live together.  We live in a 3 story fun house with the kitchen on the first level, two elders on the second floor, and we´re on the third floor. The house belongs to the bishop but he rents it out to the missionaries and chooses to live in a tin roofed house with his family just around the corner. His two sons live on the fourth level. 
Today we went to Puerto Pizarro. It was my third time being there but this time we went with the whole zone.  Elder Smith, a good friend of my from Lopez Albujar who also studied at BYU Idaho, just got up here this transfer and is the new zone leader in the Zone Tumbes. It´s going to be a very fun transfer.
I’m excited to get back but excited for the last project that God has given me here in the mission.  I am so certain that the church is true. It is impossible for this to not be Christ´s gospel that he wants all of us to enjoy. Without a doubt. It is all amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment